of an Eco Friendly Timber Log Home
Eco-friendly Timber Homes
Timber Frame is the most widely used structural building method in the world offering a fast, eco friendly highly insulated building solution.
- A guaranteed construction programme
- Construction time is reduced by up to 30% to that of alternative building methods
- Reduced foundation costs due to a lighter structure
- Low impact foundations are environmentally friendly and can be dug into steep slopes , clay soil or even dune sand
- Thermal efficiency is as much as 6 to 8 times that of alternative building methods
- Warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer reduces energy costs
- Timber Frame is a dry form of construction you will not get drying out cracks common in wet construction
- Wood is effectively a carbon neutral material (even allowing for transport)
- For every cubic metre of wood used instead of other building materials 0.8 tonne of CO2 is saved from the atmosphere. Strength for strength, concrete uses 5 times and steel uses 6 times more energy to produce than timber.
Choose Timber Concept to build your home. You are guaranteed excellent craftsmanship and quality no matter how large or small the project.
Our philosophy is to be honest and approachable from the conception of a given project. We ensure that our clients’ specifications are clearly documented and agreed upon, and that terms and conditions and contracts are signed prior to construction commencing. We understand that clear communication during the project is paramount in achieving the best workmanship and ultimately a satisfied customer. This can be confirmed with references from our previous customers.
Custom Built Frame Structures
Come to us for the creation of energy efficient custom built timber frame structures, as elegant and distinctive as they are rich in traditional craftsmanship.
We look forward to offering you our range of building services to take your project smoothly from conception to completion
We take absolute pride in our workmanship, and are committed to each project. We strive to achieve customer satisfaction, and can back our reputation with testimonials from happy customers.
"We can highly recommend Timber Concept for their professional and efficient work. We had 2 timber frame holiday cottages built by Graeme and his team and we are thrilled with the result"
ED & ADELE HAYLES
"Having Graeme Rodgers of Timber Concept manage our building development was a pleasure"
Get in touch with us
St Francis Bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa
+27 (83) 449 6528
Built For Life
Sustainable & eco-friendly | Guaranteed construction programme | Highest quality fittings & finishes | SABS approved building materials | NHBRC registered | Clear communication | Personal service